Towns and Other Places in Florida
A Vacation Planner and Travel Guide full of Area Information
Sunset on a Gulf Coast beach
Slowly I'm getting on with loading up the data I want to put in this space. I've been all over Florida but as I go through the materials I have in hand, I want to go back and travel it all over again, only this time, take my time (and take a lot more photos). There's an awful lot to see and explore...
You can click on the names on list below. The pages these links connect to have some demographics about each county and each has a zoomable/pannable map centered on each county.
NOTE: On many of the pages linked below I try to provide some demographic information. As this information comes from the US Census Bureau, there are a couple of caveats that have to be taken into consideration:
- This information cannot be any more accurate than what the Census Bureau itself offers, and some of the numbers are estimates.
- The "resident racial breakdown" numbers usually don't add up to 100% because Hispanics are often counted among all the other races.
- After the economic meltdown of 2008, the median incomes and median home values are liable to be radically different in 2014.
- The median home values include every type of construction that people live in: townhomes, condos, four-plexes, detached homes, mobile homes, etc.
- The unemployment numbers are a snapshot in time, and most likely have little bearing on what's actually happening in 2014.