Hillsboro Point Lighthouse
Hillsboro Point Lighthouse

Lighthouse Point was named for its proximity to the Hillsboro Point Lighthouse. However, the lighthouse is actually located in Hillsboro Beach. The Lighthouse was built in 1906 but the first settlers didn't arrive in the Lighthouse Point area until about 1947. The first home built by a developer in a platted subdivision was finished in 1951 and the area became an incorporated city in June, 1956.