City Hall in Hillsboro Beach
Hillsboro Beach Administration Building
Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse

Hillsboro Beach is a small beach-front enclave spreading across the barrier island east of the Intracoastal Waterway in northeastern Broward County. The name appears to have come from the Earl of Hillsborough, an English nobleman who was granted large tracts of land in Florida during that small window in time in the early 1800's when the British held the peninsula.

Hillsboro Beach is also the home of the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse. The lighthouse was built in 1906, the first settlers arrived in 1922 and the town became incorporated in June of 1939.

The population of Hillsboro Beach is down almost 10% since 2000.