The Bill Lipps Park and Playground in Cooper City
Bill Lipps Park and Playground in Cooper City

Cooper City was founded by developer Morris Cooper in 1959. The city reached residential buildout quickly and didn't grow further until the former Waldrep Dairy Farm was annexed in 2004. The dairy farm was the last farm of its kind in south Florida and its closure sparked many a debate among the long time locals. However, all the court suits were decided in favor of the developer and, in typical Florida fashion, the developer soon filed for bankruptcy protection and the property was sold to other developers, none of whom had to abide by any promises made by the original developer. As a result, that dairy farm has been built up and paved over by several different projects and Cooper City is once again at full residential buildout. The population of Cooper City is up more than 20% since 2000.