Grant Community Center
Grant Community Center

Grant-Valkaria was incoporated as a town in 2006, including two previously unincorporated areas of the county who wanted to preserve their independence, their low property taxes and their rural way of life.

The community of Grant began around 1925 when the first settlers arrived, checked out the fishing and then built homes. Valkrie came along a bit later.

The articles of incorporation for the town require that lot sizes remain large, population density low and any future development cannot impact the rural fishing village feel.