High Springs City Hall
High Springs City Hall

Settlers started arriving in the High Springs area in the 1840's. In the early 1880's the Savannah, Florida and Western Railroad was built through the area. A siding was established to service the phosphate mines in the area and the town of Orion was born. The post office arrived in 1888 and promptly changed the name of the town to High Springs.

Fast Facts about High Springs, Florida